We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced and motivated Senior Test Analyst for a 12 month period.
About the role
Reporting to the Test & Quality Lead we are looking for someone who will work in partnership with key stakeholders to gather business requirements, gain their buy-in and effect change by acting as a trusted advisor, making sure you really understand the needs of the business and the outcomes required.
This role requires you to be involved with the implementation of OneCouncil and the delivery of significant business change that this will bring. OneCouncil will enable us to deliver online, self-service capabilities to the community, improving its ability to quickly and efficiently provide services from any device, anywhere at any time.
Duties & responsibilities
- Design, develop and deliver testing solutions as part of the ERP (One Council) Programme of Work and actively help deliver these through a hands on approach
- To help ensure the OneCouncil solution is fit for purpose and can operate effectively within RLC's environment.
- To ensure the test plans are reflective of the test strategy, approved by the Test and Quality Lead and Project Manager.
- To promote OneCouncil and the business process changes required when interacting with colleagues and other staff and stakeholders
- Engage with senior managers throughout the business to ensure the testing processes and approach for the OneCouncil solution is well understood and communicated.
- Lead, plan and execute testing – (functional, integration, user acceptance and production validation).
- Identify test scope and size the test effort to enable forward planning
- Develop and maintain regression suites for key services
- Create test status reports and test exit reports as required
- Contribute to the development of a test automation strategy
- Champion the test function across the business
- Support and coach project and business resources to execute user acceptance testing
- Able to demonstrate commercial acumen and understanding of business and customer drivers.
- Work collaboratively in a team to get things done
To be successful for this position you will need:
- 5+ years' experience as a Test Analysis
- ISTQB Certified or relevant Tertiary Qualification
- experience in an Agile scrum or Kanban environment using JIRA/Zephyr
- Technical testing skills including SQL, web services
- ability to understand business functionality and translate it into fit-for-purpose requirements
- ability to work in teams and to lead the tasks and activities by themselves
- excellent understanding of business complexity and project interdependencies
- solid knowledge and experience with methodologies & frameworks
- fantastic communication skills both internal and external
- excellent people skills
- Complex ERP or public sector project experience
- Non-functional and automated testing experience
- Automation skills
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right person to cover the breadth of a driven organisation by applying your knowledge and passion of both business analysis and process analysis tools and methodologies. Coupled with your excellent people skills and business acumen you will be working directly with key stakeholders ensuring systems and processes are continuously improved so will have proven ability at developing and maintaining effective relationships at all levels of the organisation.